Takt Planning Workshop
When: 2-day Workshop on September 26 and 27, 2017, from 9 to 5 PM.
Where: Garden Room, UC Berkeley Clark Kerr Campus
This workshop was hosted jointly by
Prof. Iris Tommelein, Director of P2SL
University of California, Berkeley
Samir Emdanat, Director of Management Services + vPlanner Product Development
Patrick Theis, Consultant with Drees&Sommer (Germany)
DS Consulting Process & Organization GmbH
- Agenda – 2017-09-26&27 Takt Workshop Agenda
- Patrick Theis’ powerpoints – Theis 2017-09-26&27 Takt Planning in Building Construction = P2SL LCM 170922
- Samir Emdanat’s slides for Webinar on November 1, 2017 – Emdanat 2017-11-01 Takt Planning using vPlanner Webinar
- Iris Tommelein’s Powerpoints – Tommelein 2017-09-27 Takt Planning with Work Density Method
- Workshop Position Paper – Theis_Tommelein_Emdanat 2017-09-26&27 Workshop Position Paper
- Reader – Workshop Reader – Theis_Tommelein_Emdanat 2017 Workshop Reader
We’re delighted to offer a two-day workshop on Takt Time Planning (TTP) in cooperation with Ghafari Associates and Drees&Sommer. This workshop offers an opportunity to learn what takt time planning is, what its theoretical underpinnings are, different methods for TTP, and how TTP is getting applied in practice.
TTP is a Production Planning technique that can improve workflow reliability at the Phase Plan level when implementing the Last Planner® System (LPS). TTP reduces variability by setting a predictable production rate for standard activities across right-sized geographic work areas. The pace of work is established by adjusting crew sizes and fixing the duration of standard activities to perform similar steps across the geographic locations in succession. This disciplined production planning approach can align not only the workflow at the site, but also the overall flow of materials and information through the supply chain starting in design and moving into detailing, fabrication and delivery processes required to support the execution of the Takt sequences.
The workshop will use a hands on simulation game designed specifically to teach the concepts of TTP and demonstrate how those concepts can be used to optimize flow. Additionally, it will introduce various techniques for managing the Takt Plans including purpose built tools like vPlanner and integrating the results into the overall Last Planner® System implementation.
- Understand the basic concepts of TTP.
- Learn how to create Takt Plans and optimize flow.
- Understand how TTP can be implemented within the larger context of the LPS.
- Gain an understanding of when to best apply Takt Planning